Many people think that there is no security for PDF files. But fortunately, we are at a time when we can secure our eBooks effectively. In fact, if you have an eBook, you should secure it with at least a dynamic watermark to prevent theft.
Ebook security is the process of applying copy protection to eBooks or digital books to prevent unwanted sharing and distribution among users.
It uses various security technologies like access controls, encryption, and watermarking. It is often carried out with the use of patented file formats.
The following are the eBook security options you can choose to secure your PDF eBook:
· Stop Printing- You can prevent, allow, or control the number of times your eBook gets printed.
· EBook expiration date- By choosing this, you can set an expiration date for your eBook or let it expire after reaching your set number of prints or views.
· Dynamic watermarks- Adding dynamic watermarks on the printed or viewed pages discourage sharing.
· Prevent downloading- If you want your eBook users to read your content online but prevent downloading the eBook, you can enable this option.
· Encryption- You can place AES256 encryption to your PDF files if you don’t want unauthorized sharing and distribution of your files.
ProtectPDF.io eBook Security
If you are yet to secure your PDF files, you can choose our service to ensure your eBook’s safety!
We can control your eBook usage with DRM controls like
· Stop copy & paste
· Stop content modification or editing.
· Stop printing.
· Revoke eBooks any time- You can enforce this after refunding a user’s license or when an employee stops working for you and you want to remove their access to your files.
· Set expiry date for eBooks- This is one of the most common practices for ensuring your eBook’s safety. You can use an expiry date when your files contain sensitive information when there is a license time limit, or when you are issuing time-sensitive content.
If you are really serious about the safety of your eBook, we recommend opting for our software for your DRM pdf protection. It will not only see that only paid users can view your book but also control what these users can do with it. You can control the number of days they can access it, and the like.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing ProtectPDF.io eBook security:
· Dynamic Watermarks
While you know that you can add digital watermarks to prevent potential pirates from using your copyrights, dynamic watermarking is its more advanced form.
You can identify users by adding dynamic watermarks to your documents. When somebody views and prints your eBook, the watermarks of their information (email, name, etc.) are placed automatically. This helps prevent unauthorized photocopying and distribution of your files.
You can catch someone who is trying to illegally profit from your hard work as their information will be embedded in your eBook’s code when they print them in the first place.
· Secure Distribution
You don’t have to compromise the safety of your eBooks by uploading them into an unprotected server. Enjoy uncompromised security by uploading them to your website, cloud server or distributing them using our service by integrating with your existing website.
· Zero Installation
We use cloud server so there’s no need to install any software. Your customer can view your ebook online in a browser with zero installation.
We do not charge anything for every eBook sold. You just have to make a monthly payment for unlimited users.
When you choose ProtectPDF.io, we take the security of your eBook seriously. You can enjoy writing an ebook, selling eBooks safely without worrying about piracy.
Our Digital Rights Management (DRM) system guarantees the safety of your eBook regardless of their residence with DRM controls, licensing, and US government strength encryption. The content of the eBook is also encrypted while delivering to your customers.
· Total eBook security and User-friendly
One of the things you can enjoy about our security software is that it is very easy to use. You can control the customer access to the eBook through our administration system cloud hosted by us.
Automate the protection of your eBook and merge it with the eCommerce network for computerized eBook access and user account formation.
Control and curb eBook sharing, copying, and distribution
An eBook is a digital version of a hard printed book that is precisely designed to be read on a mobile device or desktop computer.
It is much easier to copy, share, and distribute an eBook than a printed book. Creating a decent copy of a physical book is difficult. Plus, it is notably cheaper to buy the original book than to take the trouble of getting a photocopy that you know is going to be an agony to read.
With eBooks, it is completely different. It is designed in such as way that the reader can read it comfortably on a screen. Duplicating an eBook for distribution is an entirely different thing than photocopying a physical book.
Encryption is one of the things that eBook security depends on to prevent illegal copying of the content. Therefore, if you have an eBook, you should strictly control the access to encryption so that your content is effectively protected.
Some eBooks have videos and static text, and pictures. Therefore, eBook security should be extensive and thorough if it has to be functional. It should cover more than just preventing file copying.
Having an in-depth approach is necessary to acknowledge how eBook security works and how you should apply it successfully. It includes different options (the ones listed above) to provide the right kind of eBook security that fulfils your requirements.